Friday, May 15, 2009

Office desk

When we moved we had to sell my office desk because it was just too big for the room I now have (which is meant to be a maid's room and I definitely feel sorry for any maids who actually have to live in such a small space!). We priced up desks at IKEA and the cheapest at the right size was Dh399 (£72). I noticed, however, that by our apartment block there are loads of carpentry shops that seem to be making furniture and other items. I found one guy called Asif (!) who offered to make what I was looking for for Dh325, he said he would make itin 2 days and deliver it. His workshop is just across the road from our tower block.


It came, as promised on the day he said. I just wanted something cheap so it's just in MDF, but it's functional and will be fine. I probably won't bring it home with me, so it will do for now. Below are pictures of Asif's workshop, a clip of them carrying it over to us and the finished product in situ.















No comments:

Post a Comment