Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We are in....

Well the move went relatively smoothly and we are now in our 2 bed flat in the City. I have to say the removal company was very good. I think you tend to set yourself low expectations out here, but they kept all their commitments and even made a courtesy call in the evening to ask if everything went well. Good job. So here's their plug...

http://www.delightpack.co.ae/


We are already finding the new location better, with Caz walking to work and I'm able to get to my calls in the City more easily. The only nightmares were Etisalat (phone company) and ADDC (utility services company) - the first setting up our broadband wrong and me doing a lot of running around and making long phone calls to get it up and running; and the second because it took 2 hours with their customer services to open an account, and then only after agreeing to pay AED131 (c.£25) outstanding bill from the previous tenant! I shall be passing that on to the landlord!

It's still a bit hectic sorting everything out, so more later......

No comments:

Post a Comment