Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My parents' visit

My parents flew back this morning. They have thoroughly enjoyed themselves while they have been here. We took a couple of days off work at the end of last week so we had 4 days with them and then they spent the last 3 days fending for themselves and generally harassing all they came into contact with!

They are very old school and asked us lots of questions about Muslims and Emiratees as if they are from another species altogether! Still, I think they have learnt a lot this week and hopefully realised that Muslims and Muslim culture is not quite as portrayed in the UK's Daily Mail!

Some pics from their visit......

Parents' visit to Abu Dhabi

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your folks had a fine time. Good on them!

    I have yet to convince my mom to come out here as unfortunately the US mass media may be harsher than the Daily Mail on this area.

    ReplyDelete