Saturday, February 26, 2011

Formula Drift - Yas Marina Circuit

We took our young nephew to the Formula Drift yesterday. It's the first time I have seen this live myself. I have to say it was really pretty cool. Some of the drivers have been stunt drivers in films like "The Fast and the Furious" - they are seriously skillful. The Yas circuit was a great venue for it - using the chicanes and hairpin of the North Stand for the action. The "duals" where they send out two cars at a time were particularly exciting.

I had to shout for the guy driving the Mazda RX8 'cos it reminded me of my car back home...I couldn't seem to find a picture of it in full, but it is the red one behind behind the silver MR2 (I'm sure you can guess whose that was?!) ....







Some video and pictures below......




Formula Drift Yas Marina Circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment