Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding at Abu Dhabi Golf Club

We were invited to joins some friends at the ADGC for a champagne brunch to celebrate the royal wedding. It was nice to watch this most British of spectacles, which I guess couldn't really be rivaled anywhere else in the world. I quite enjoy the pomp and circumstance of it all and makes me proud to be British - and particularly English. I know there are republican minded people in the UK who think it is a load of nonsense, and to an extent they are right, but that's what I love about it! I think with this and the Olympics next year, maybe things will be looking up for the UK at last....








2 comments:

  1. No one can touch the English for royal ceremonies and pageantry and the BBC for their coverage. Very tastefully filmed. Loved Princess Beatrice's antlers. Shouldn't put the royal family on buses though! Bring out the Rolls, Bentleys and Jags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the buses were brilliant! Made them all remember who's day it was!

    ReplyDelete