Monday, July 4, 2011

I know I shouldn't laugh....

...but I did! .... a lot.


From today's paper....

ONONDAGA, NEW YOK Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike’s handlebars and hit his head on the pavement. The accident happened on Saturday afternoon in the town of Onondaga, in central New York near Syracuse. State troopers said Philip A Contos, 55, of Parish, NY, was driving a 1983 Harley Davidson with a group of bikers who were protesting against helmet laws by not wearing helmets. Troopers say Mr Contos would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet. –

1 comment:

  1. I read this on USA Today a few days ago. It really doesn't make ABATE's case. Its funny that in a lot of states, one can be fined for not wearing a seatbelt but helmets are optional on bikes. I respect the right to choose, but one must be prepared for the consequences and expect little sympathy.

    I value my ass and always belt-up and as a long time motorcyclist, I always wear a helmet and body protection no matter what the law is. My choice saved my life 4 years ago when I had an unexpected offroad excursion on my bike.

    Those who don't take precautions can consider themselves organ donors.

    ReplyDelete