Monday, February 25, 2013

Westin, Abu Dhabi Golf Club

We decided to take up an offer to stay at The Westin this weekend. There was a great deal for an overnight stay with breakfast, so as we had both had a crappy week we decided to go. The room was really nice (with a bath - we always have a bath if there is one as the baths at Al Reef are too small!). We had a lovely view across the Abu Dhabi Golf Club course - which saw action from Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods just a few weeks ago (if all but briefly because neither of them made the cut!).

We availed use of The Heavenly Spa (!) , which actually was! And then we had dinner at the Moroccan restaurant, Agadir. This was the first time I had eaten traditional Moroccan food, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. For my main course I had :-



Tagine Barkouk 
Braised veal or lamb served with sweet prunes, almonds and roasted sesame seeds

It had a very rich sauce that was really tasty. I will definitely have a Tagine again.


Anyway, along with two afternoons at the pool, it made for a really welcome break.


View from the balcony



The Pool Area





Our spot for the second day at the pool!










No comments:

Post a Comment