Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feeling weary

Its the end of a long week and I'm knackered! Got in at about 9.15 tonight having had meetings in Dubai late this afternoon, going on into the evening. Two people have commented this week that I look tired - not good. I even had one of my customers who guessed my age as 48! (think I'll have to put his prices up!). I was 42 on Monday - Happy Birthday to me. It was nice to get some cards from home, but special days just don't feel as special out here somehow.

Today I am feeling 48. But next Thursday we fly home for a well deserved break. I am back for 1 week and Caz (who has more holiday days than me) will stay for 2. We are both really looking forward to going home to see everyone. We now also have a long weekend with 3 days off together so that will be nice, although Caz will be sleeping most of tomorrow as she has been working nights this week. Off to the Rugby 7s World Cup in Dubai on Saturday though - my birthday treat!



As this is such a multi-cultural place I have met loads of people from many different nationalities through my work. The phone book on my mobile now looks like the United Nations phone directory! There are also some people with some funny names. I met 2 in particular that I had to stop myself from laughing when they introduced themselves...the first one below was introduced to me by one of my customers, who introduced him as his boss




The second one is self explanatory!












No comments:

Post a Comment