Monday, March 30, 2009

Strange weather

As I am typing it is absolutely hacking it down with rain. The weather this week has been awful. We have had gale force winds blowing sand everywhere, hail, torrential rain and generally gloomy weather. At least it has kept the temperature down which is a good thing. And anyway, we Brits are pretty much used to this kind of weather for about 70% of the year! But very weird for here. Even people I have spoken to that have been here years have never known it this bad. Global warming to blame no doubt. Here's a clip of me driving down Airport Road this morning...



Most problems out here get solved by throwing cheap labour at them. This was evident this morning when I saw teams of municipality workers sweeping the kerbs clear of the sand that had blown into them over the last couple of days.




Exciting news today though!! Tickets for the Abu Dhabi F1 GP went on sale today. I got myself 4 tickets, hopefully with a great view from the West Grandstand. The tickets will be for myself and 2 of my bros (Steve & Mark) who are going to come out for the weekend. I'm sure a good time will be had by all! There is still lots of work to be done on Yas Island, the venue, but it will be another cheap labour situation again and it will get done!

1 comment:

  1. Is it true that the GP tickets have sold out? Is there somewhere to order them online? We are still in Australia but will be there probaby next month.

    ReplyDelete