Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Abu Dhabi Big Band

For those of you that don't know, I play the trumpet. Not as well as I used to in days gone by, when I used to practice regularly, but I get by. I've played since the age of 7 and have played in various groups; Salvation Army band, orchestras, jazz/funk bands and latterly in the UK with the Eynsford Concert Band . Here in Abu Dhabi I have recently hooked up with Abu Dhabi Big Band, my first time playing with a big band. We play Glen Miller type music and "dinner dance" music you might hear on Strictly Come Dancing. There are about 18 of us. I really enjoy the music and doesn't take up too much of my time so it fits in well.

I am playing my first "gig" with them tomorrow night at a dinner dance in Dubai, so hopefully all will go well. We have some other gigs lined up in AD later in the year, including some dates at The Emirates Palace, so I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment