Saturday, September 18, 2010

Al Manarat, Guggenheim

On Saadiyat Island there is a visitor’s centre called Al Manarat. It’s a project I was involved in at the construction phase so I have been following it’s progress for some time. There is a really good exhibition showing what is going to come on Saadiyat Island. It’s really quite interesting and worth a visit if you haven’t been. I wanted to see the large replica of the Guggenheim museum that is coming to the cultural district of the Island, along with The Louvre, Sheikh Zayed National Museum, Maritime Museum and Performing Arts Centre.

The Cultural District will be a really exciting, vibrant part of the city and I am watching it develop with interest.

These are my pictures of the model taken today. (I believe they are dismantling it today to take it to some other unannounced venue)

DSC_0004.D0UVHLGtSoXG.jpg

DSC_0005.rUOTy0rgyQro.jpg

DSC_0009.ke2WrH8uQwpd.jpg

DSC_0006.4lvOcgEbVYX7.jpg

DSC_0002.excCZfVsS1X1.jpg








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the fantastic pictures, especially as it appears I have missed the exhibition..

    ReplyDelete