Saturday, January 28, 2012

Great weekend of sport in Abu Dhabi

This weekend Abu Dhabi hosted two major International sporting events; the second cricket test between England and Pakistan and the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship (with Tiger Woods, Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy etc etc). The two venues are literally only 10 minutes part by car and both of them were free to enter, so this afternoon went to both of them! I started at the cricket and saw England bowl out the last three Pakistani batsmen, then I went over to the golf. I stayed a couple of hours, following Tiger and Rory round a few holes and then watching more from the Village while getting some lunch. Then I decided I would go back to the cricket to hopefully see England bat through to 145 and win the test. Alas, what I actually saw was a totally dismal effort, totally outclassed by Pakistan's spin bowlers. All out for 72! Seventy Bloody Two ! Still, it provided a good spectacle, and made a large number of Abu Dhabi's Pakistani residents very happy!
























No comments:

Post a Comment