Sunday, November 11, 2012

Me and my monkey !

There was one of the best news stories ever in one of the local papers this week. Aside from the sad fact that someone actually died, it is one of the funniest stories I have seen! You just have to read the comments left online too...made me crease up!

Here's the story...


Love rival killed by man walking monkey


A drugged-up man who was enjoying a walk in Dubai with his pet primate attacked his neighbour, poured sand in his mouth and left him for dead after a row over a woman.
The 31-year-old Emirati appeared before Dubai Court of First Instance on Tuesday where he admitted a charge of assault leading to death.
He told the court he was walking his monkey past his neighbour’s house in Al Rashidiya when the man came out and the duo started rowing about a barmaid. 
“He told me to stay away from his girlfriend, who works at a bar,” the defendant stated in official records. 
The defendant said the neighbour then challenged him to a fight so they headed to a deserted area. He tethered his pet monkey and the men started brawling. 
“He attacked me with a razor, then he threw sand into my face and poked me in the eye,” the Emirati defendant said. “I punched him in the face and kicked him until he fell down. Then I bit his nose and put some sand into his mouth.” 
The attacker said he stopped the assault when he realised the man was having difficulty breathing. The defendant added: “He asked me for some water so I went to a nearby house and got some. I returned and noticed his condition was getting worse so I took my monkey and returned home.” 
He claims he told his brother what happened and he then called the victim’s brother. Emergency services were called to the scene but the man was already dead. 
The victim died from head injuries and internal bleeding. The defendant confessed to attacking him while under the influence of illegal painkillers.
Here's the story online - you have to read the comments ! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment