Monday, November 26, 2012

Yas 10K Run

Well like a mad fool I entered myself for the 10K run round the Yas Marina Circuit, which took place on Saturday. The event was raising money for Operation Smile so I figured it was worthwhile even if I didn't finish! A couple of weeks ago though, I did manage to complete 10K around the circuit at one of the Train Yas nights , although I did walk for about 4-5 minutes after 8k. So, I kind of thought that at least I could complete the race.

Some of our friends had also said they were going to register, but bottled it (!), leaving myself and our friend Amanda to run together.



I started off well and was banging in 6, or sub 6 minute kilometres ....and then we started lap two. Lap two sent us down the pit lane and up the pit re-entry tunnel. The "down" bit was fine, but then there was an "up" bit which nearly bloody killed me. Still, I resisted the urge to walk and carried on running, but from there my times were never as good. 

So, my final time was 1:02:40, which I was pretty chuffed with for my first 10K race. Stats below....





Because Caz is pretty crap with a camera (no she really is lol) this is the only shot we have of me approaching the finish line...




Me and Amanda after....looking suitably knackered!



And then finally back home....




Well, I think i have started something now! I am actually starting to look at other 10K events next year and in September last year there was an indoor 20K, which if they repeat, might be a goal for next year! 

....as my darling eldest daughter said ... "who is this person, and what have they done with my Buddha father! "







No comments:

Post a Comment