Thursday, January 8, 2009

Al Reem and Sowah Island from Beach Rotana

I was early for a lunch meeting today at the Rotana, so I thought I would go up to the 20th floor and take a look at the developments on Reem Island and Sowah Island. Reem Island is going to be full of apartment towers, villas, malls and a marina etc etc. Sowah Island will house the Abu Dhabi Finance Centre and the new Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange. I have a couple of pics I took today and I'll also post a few renderings of what it will look like.






I managed to blag my way into one of the rooms (it was being cleaned!) and took a quick video clip from the balcony on my phone. Sowah on the left and panning over to reem, behind and right.







This is Sowah Island. Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange is in the foreground on the podium (whihc is what you can see coming out of the ground above).














Some of the Al Reem development from the Tamouh (developer) brochure.









2 comments:

  1. Do you think that an apartment there could be a good investment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would doubt it very much! The values and rental values have plummeted and I am sure the general build quality will be poor.

    ReplyDelete