Monday, January 5, 2009

Stood up

I guess my customer must have thought the subject of Data Centre design was boring too, as he and he team didn't turn up! Actually this is a regular occurrence here and I'm starting to get used to it. Having confirmed yesterday that the training was still on and also having spoken to him this morning re parking availability, we arrived, sat in reception for about an hour waiting and were then called up to meet the department secretary. She called someone else, he arrived and informed us that they were very sorry but something had come up and the meeting would have to be postponed. Great. As I say, this is nothing unusual around here. My company CEO from the U.S. has been stood up twice by the same customer for organised meetings. Anyway, we did some other calls instead, so wasn't a wasted day.




On the way to one of our calls saw this on Salam Street. Just another day on the roads of Abu Dhabi! How he got there, I have no idea. Another example of the driving skills of the Taliban Taxi Company.


No comments:

Post a Comment