Thursday, January 29, 2009

This makes me so angry!



This is taken from today's The National newspaper here in the UAE. I was going to blog it straight from their digital edition but it wasn't working, so sorry for the poor scan. It can also be read here:-




I see this the whole time on the roads and it really upsets me. Small children and babies are aloud to just wander around the car, sitting on the arm rest between the front seats, faces pressed up against the front or rear windscreen, or even with their heads out of the sunroof or side windows. WAKE UP - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Often the adults will have their seat belts on, but apparently it's ok for your kids to roam free. I think it is under the misapprehension that allowing your kids to do whatever they like is good parenting, because you are allowing your kids to be happy. This is shown in the way they run riot and cause havoc in the malls too.

So in a country where roads deaths are the number one killer - I implore any UAE drivers reading this - please secure your children while driving. I am positive that if your god is a loving god he will not wish for a young life to be ended because you couldn't be bothered to follow common sense.

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. Neil,
    I am as outraged as you! I do not understand the driving attitude around here that when a local gets behind the wheel, all bets are off and "Inshallah" rules the day.

    One would think that these people would learn from the daily carnage on the highways, but that does not seem to be the case. I cringe when I have to take to the roads around here.

    ReplyDelete