Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a bit chilly

The weather in the last week has been decidedly nippy! Especially in the morning and evening it's been about 9 or 10 degrees and we had a very cloudy, rainy day yesterday. Through the rest of the year you'd hardly believe you could get any rain or feel cold, but I actually put a warm jumper on yesterday evening!

I've been a bit manic with work this week so not been blogging as much. Some days I go from one meeting to the next, no stopping for lunch and then when I get home I have to do all the follow ups. So it's not unusual (ooh err sounded like Tom Jones then!) to end up doing 12-14 hour days. Tonight I finished around 8.30pm. Still, managed to get a $2M bid out the door today, so fingers crossed on that one.

I tried to take a picture of a company sign from across the road in the city today, but it didn't come out, it just amused me - it was called "Gulf Erections Ltd".

So today Obama gets inaugurated. May have to put the TV on and have a look, although I shall be well asleep by the time it all kicks off. All in all I think it is a good thing and he will be a better bet than the gun-toting muppet and his piggy-lipstick-sidekick-bird alternative. So here's to some world change - goodness knows we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment