Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tanks rolling in to ADNEC

(Sorry the picture is not very good, it was taken quickly on my phone - the tanks are in the middle of the background, click on it to get a better view)

There is a Military exhibition at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre later this month called IDEX. This is taken majorly serious. The whole of the road outside the venue has been closed for the last few weeks while they build various tank assault courses, build a bridge over the road to a newly built marina area which has been dredged deeper so navel frigates can dock for the show etc etc. The UAE Armed Forces take control of the venue from now until after the show as various pieces of military hardware arrive for the show. ADNEC is one of my customers so out of interest I have registered for the show, which meant I had to submit copies of my passport, visa and photo so that they could be vetted by the armed forces. Obviously I don't pose a major threat as they are going to let me in! I'm sure I'll be blogging the event - without pictures, they won't be allowed I guess!


2 comments:

  1. Bring your camera. I went last time and took photos. It's interesting if you like that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete