Saturday, January 30, 2010

Trip to Bab al Shams

It is our 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so to celebrate we took a trip to Bab al Shams, a desert resort run by Jumeirah (as are Burj al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel etc). The hotel is built in traditional Arab style, and has a very rustic, authentic feel. The facilities are excellent, we enjoyed the pool area particularly. The rooms are not huge, but nicely appointed with a massive bed!

The service wasn't quite as attentive as some other places we have been, but was nonetheless good (I am being a bit picky on this point). Also, the food we experienced was not up to the same standard as Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

We payed a visit to the Satori Spa, with us both sharing a room. The disappointing thing for me was being massaged by a bloke - it's just not the same and he got way too close to my crowned jewels for my liking! I had a Balinese massage and Caz had an Indian head massage.

When we returned to our room after dinner followed by coffee and shisha, my order of goodies had arrived in our room. Red roses for Caz and a chocolate cake. The bathroom had been showered with red rose petals - even in the toilet! So the nice, oval, double ended bath just had to be filled and used...... it would have been rude not to!


Trip to Bab al Shams

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you both on your Anniversary! You chose a great place to celebrate and the photos were fantastic! Makes me want to put Bab al Shams in my rather long to-do list!

    ReplyDelete