Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jubilee missed

I was a bit gutted to have missed the "once in a lifetime" celebration in the UK for the Queen's Jubilee. Caz was back, but not for good reasons, as her son is in hospital, so she didn't get to see any of it either. I have to say watching some of the footage I did feel a bit emosh, partly missing home and partly just missing the event. I think I'm even more gutted to be missing another "once in a lifetime" in the summer: The Olympics! Really really gutted. But hey ho, I have a telly :-(

I spotted a couple of good videos from the Jubilee that I thought I would share. The first below is an anthem put together with footage of the Queen's life. Very touching. The second - in the link below - is a time-lapse clip of the Jubilee "Flotilla" of boats and ships moving down the Thames as part of the celebrations - awesome!






http://vimeo.com/43386950

No comments:

Post a Comment