Friday, June 15, 2012

Veil hid woman from passport scrutiny - The National

Veil hid woman from passport scrutiny - The National

There is so much "wrong " about this whole story. First of all that the guy would try and perform such a stunt. Second the manner in which the veil was used. Third that she was allowed to enter without showing her face. And fourth that the immigration official was leineint because she or he was known to him.

I believe it is perfectly acceptable for immigration officers to ask a lady to show her face to check against the passport photo. However I have seen this not happen on many occasions. This is totally unacceptable in any country. This is an easy ploy for terrorists to use and there should be no way this should be allowed.

As for the guy immigration guy dealing with a friend - this should also not be allowed. When I worked at Sainsbury's in my youth, I was not even allowed to serve a friend at the checkout! It should be standard practice that if the person entering is known personally to the immigration officer that they should be passed over to another. I don't know if this is done in any other countries, but it should be in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment